Friday, March 20, 2009

Fun Foods Friday

Making this tonight for dinner - one of my FAVORITE meals! So easy and yummy! I got this out of a 4-H cookbook!

Pork Chop N' Potato Bake

6 pork chops
1 can cream celery soup
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
1 (24 oz.) pkg. frozen hash browns, thawed
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 (2.8 oz) can French Fried Onions

Preheat oven to 350

Brown pork chops in oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside. Mix soup, milk, sour cream, pepper and salt. Stir in potatoes, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 can onions. Spoon into 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange pork chops over potatoes. Bake, covered for 40 minutes. Top with remaining cheese and onions. Bake uncovered, 5 minutes longer. Makes 6 servings.

Deni's Tips: I don't use the french fried onions because I don't like them. So I omit them. Also, when I brown the pork chops, I like to put a little rosemary on them as it gives them another element of flavor.

Hope you enjoy!

No comments: