Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Baby Lap Time

I have had several people ask me what baby lap time is...well here ya go...

"Engage your little one in new ways! Join us for books, rhymes, and music to boost your baby's ablity to learn." - Library Website Explanation

Here is my brief explanation:

What you do is you go to the meeting room and everyone sits on the floor with their children. At our local libraries the age range is 0-18 months (though the friend I met there, her daughter is close to 20 months, but for her, lap time is easier than toddle story time. Once you are in the circle, the leader of it, a library staff, comes in and welcomes you. The guy we had was so good with the kids, made funny voices, was very animated. This weeks theme was counting, so we did an opening song "Hopping Time" I think is what it is called...then we read a book...a short little counting book and showed the kids our hands. We also did the 5 little monkey's song and another book and another couple of songs.

Here is the website of the guy who lead yesterday:
George's Website

I plan to go as often as possible.

3 comments:

giraffegirl524 said...

that sounds like so much fun and such a good idea! i wish they had stuff like that around here. maybe they will in illinois close to where i'm going.

Carrie said...

Thanks for sharing this! I watched a video of that guy & he looks like he would be so funny! :)

Deni said...

He is carrie! He is awesome...I mean, he is so good with kids!