Friday, February 13, 2009

Fun Foods Friday

This is something my mom made for us a lot - because it is super easy. (My mom is not the best cook - but I love her anyway!)

Mashed Potato Casserole

1 lb. ground beef
4 potatoes - mashed
1 - 2 cups Shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and Pepper to flavor

Preheat oven to 350

1) Cook potatoes until soft, drain and mash.
2) Brown ground beef, drain.
3) In a large casserole dish - layer mashed potatoes, then meat, then cheese
4) In a 350 degree oven place casserole and allow to warm through 15 - 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.

Deni's Notes: Here is the great thing about the recipe...you can add so many things! I like to had different herbs and spices, also love to add onion and garlic. Not to mention you can do whatever cheese you want, I have done mozzarella, cheddar, colby jack, velveeta....I love to experiment. Each time you make it, it can taste different so it feels like a completely new dish. Also, add in some veggies, I love to use mushrooms in with the meat. I also use ground turkey or chicken more than I use beef!

Enjoy! This is easy to double, but trust me, we always have a ton of leftovers!

No comments: