Friday, September 3, 2010

Holding on to God

Some days, that's all I can do...just hang on tight to my Daddy in heaven and trust He knows what he's doing it best. Today is one of those days in particular. Things are off, I am moody, grumpy, depressed, tired, stressed, paranoid....lots of negative things.

I wish I could go into the complete details, what's been going on in my life and what all I have been through this summer, but it's not really something I think I can publicly discuss. There are far to many judgmental, butt-inski's out there. I am not trying to be dishonest, I just know that in some situations broadcasting your problems to the world wide web is just not a good idea. This is one of those times.

I wish I could just spill it all out...share EVERYTHING with you and I realize I could but I know better.

Things are off. I am struggling, my marriage is in need of some strengthening and work (who's isn't?), my heart is hurting, my world is a hot mess right now. Though considering how things were the beginning of the summer I feel like life is looking up.

So here I set, holding on to the one sure thing in my life - God. I may not get all his plans and such, but he's never let me down and he's gotten me through a lot of hard junk (preemie anyone?). God loves me, deeply, more than I can understand and just knowing that brings me much comfort.

So God, I am holding extra tight to you today....thank you for you love and for always caring for me, even when I turn away or act like a brat.

2 comments:

Shawna said...

This should be everyone's prayer- to fully depend on Him. You have more strength and courage than you give yourself credit. Let God handle the rest. Your BEST days are ahead, I promise, and so does GOD. Love ya girlie!!

I love how The Message translates 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

"My grace is enough; its all you need. My strength comes into its own, in your weakness."

"Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size- abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks, I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become."

:-)

Renee said...

I'm sorry that you're going through difficult times and storms in life. Will be praying for you.