Monday, November 8, 2010

Menu Plan Monday (11-8/11-14)

Good Morning (or afternoon, or evening- whenever you read this!)

I hope you are all doing well! After a weight gain last week, I lost again this week 1.5lbs! I am pretty happy considering it was another not super great week - darn Halloween candy - it's my kryptonite!! But hey, I am not complaining.

This is kind of a weird week - lots of simple dinners this week. Pay day is Thursday for Drew and we have a lot of bills at the beginning of the month, so we always have one week that we eat very very simply (yet healthy!)

So without further adieu - I give you our meal plan!

Monday - Spaghetti (3pts), Rolls, Veggie

Tuesday - Sloppy Joes (5pts), Mac & Cheese

Wednesday - Grilled Chicken Breasts (3pts) & Sweet Potato Fries (3pts)

Thursday - Hamburger Helper, Veggie

Friday - Swiss Steak & Potatoes (6pts)

Saturday - Pork Chops, Corn Casserole (2pts)

Sunday - Not sure yet, I have a meeting after church so I will have chili for lunch. Dinner - probably something from the slow cooker...

I have decided that most Thursday's I will post a recipe or two from the week prior (i.e. this week I will post a couple from last week!). I want to do that because a lot of these recipes I am trying out for the first time and I don't want to share something that I didn't like....unless you ask for it...then I will (seeing as how we all have different tastes). Not 100% sure what I will sure this Thursday - I know for a fact I will do the Harvest Ham Steaks (these were a hit!) and probably my Tilapia Recipe since I made it up...it turned out great!


I am linked up at:
The OrgJunkie

And



The Mommy Diaries

3 comments:

Jessica Brown said...

we *try* to stay on a dave ramsey-style cash budget with groceries, and so try and eat cheap a lot, too! we should compare notes on cheap & easy dinners. i make pizza at home, and that's like $3.

I'm also a big fan of this recipe:

http://grshortstop.blogspot.com/2009/02/so-can-you-really-make-rockin-dinner.html

What are your favorites?

Charisma @Preemies And Me said...

Thank you! I'm just going to have to learn to speak up more. I can't assume that people know how to react to a baby. I'm following your blog now. Thanks for reaching out to me!

Preemie Mami

Esther said...

We eat very simply too, but it's still yummy! :-) You'll be excited about my big new menu plan next week--thanks for joining in!