Monday, December 27, 2010

New Year, New Goals

I know that the new year doesn't start until Saturday, but I decided to start some of my new year resolutions goals early. No better time to start them as this week will be quiet and will be good for me to get used to some of them!

1) To get up at 5:30 am every morning to work out and do devos. This is something that I actually have some friends doing and have come up beside me push me to do. L & M both will text me at 5:30 am to make sure I am up, we will all then do our own personal devos and work outs and then we will text each other around 8 am to see how the mornings went.
 - I am glad that I started it today. After a very busy weekend and past couple weeks I have not felt like I have had any time for anything. I get up and before I know it the day is over! Today already feels different. I was up before Parker and got a lot done. I was able to do my devo - which right now consists of me reading a chapter in a book I am trying to read through, then some bible time. My workout out consisted of sit ups this morning, my in laws are still in town, sleeping in our living room on the futon, so there isn't room for me to do my work out. And I got the schedule done for the 1st quarter of 2011 for the Kids Community at church.

2) To start Spark People. I have decided that Weight Watchers new calculations are not going to work for me. I can't eat like that...I'd rather eat the way that makes me happy and works for me and has proved to help me lose weight....

3) Speaking of which...I want to continue to lose weight this year. I am down 22 lbs. and have only gained back 3 over the holidays - for me, this is a win! To not gain that much back after having had a very filling Thanksgiving, then 2 weeks of busy and little menu planning, then a bunch of junk...I am glad! My overall goal is to lose about 70 lbs all together....so being down 22 since July, to me, is huge.

4) To continue certain blogging routines (i.e. Menu Plan Monday, Meme Friday, Mission Skinny Deni Wed.)

I think that's all I have for now. I hope you all have a great week, I won't be blogging much still, but that should start up as normal next week!

1 comment:

Ali said...

You are amazing! Rock on, Denise. I'm slowly getting motivated to do the crazy 5:30am thing. But I'm not quite there yet :)