Wednesday, January 14, 2009

All Hunkered Down

Today, today is not a fun day. Why, you ask? Well because of the snow. Sure, I grew up in the midwest, Indiana to be exact, northern Indiana, meaning lake effect snow! You would think I would love it, but I do not love it, in fact, I loathe it. Why? Well for one, with snow comes cold and I don't like being cold. Also, when snow melts, it gets wet, I don't like wet, especially when mixed with cold. So Parker and I are hunkered down in the house and I am content.

I had planned to go out today to spend some much needed mom/girl time with some good friends from church, I was super excited about it. I got the car all cleaned off, Parker all bundled up and out we went. Ha! Or so I thought. I turned on to the main road in front of our complex...eh, road wasn't clean, but it wasn't awful, but it wasn't good either. Got down the road about oh 1/2 a mile to the next road, planned to turn right, turned right, came with in inches of a pole, skidded, car ended up going the other way. Please know that I was going slow as I always do in bad weather. If it takes me an hour to get some place that should take 10 minutes, I am happy to do that. I began to cry and shake and headed back home. See my friend hosting lives clear across town...and if it's this bad down here where, it's not normally as bad as the northern part of Columbus, then I think I shouldn't risk it, especially with my precious cargo! I came home and am so glad I did.

So here I sit, happily warm in my home, with my blue blanket over me, my warm purple fuzzy socks, my Cherry Coke Zero and some soup watching Gilmore Girls and updating this here blog! I am pretty happy, especially since Parker is napping right now and I have some me time! I am patiently awaiting the text from my hubby to let me know he made it to work safely. He does this every day he works and it makes me better, because I am a worry wart.

So I hope you all have a good day and stay warm or cool depending on where you are located. :)

4 comments:

giraffegirl524 said...

smart girl. i would've done the same thing. it was the weirdest thing, it snowed last night but was all gone by this morning..? anyway, i hope you stay cozy inside! have a great evening!!

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with you about the snow: wet + cold = unhappy. Sorry to hear about the slip with the driving, it's really terrifying to have that happen (I've had a couple through this winter too - freaks me out every time). Good call on staying inside. Stay warm and stay safe!

Anonymous said...

Deni - Good, good choice. Thanks for being cautious with yourself and with Parker. That's why we really don't worry about you all because we know you make good decisions.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you made the right decision! I would have done the same...except I don't even know if I'd have even gotten in the car...I'm a chicken in this weather. We really missed you today. But no worries, we'll do it again!!! Much love to you guys, stay warm!!!!!