Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Letter to my 1 year Old!!!

(So technically Parker turns 1 tomorrow - but I want to post this today.)

My sweet, handsome, perfect, miracle man Parker,

I am so blessed to call you my son! To think that a year has gone by already is hard for me to believe. I feel like it was just yesterday you were born into this world. Sure you were a bit early, but you were strong and you have made great strides and jumped many hurdles.

Parker, know that I love you with my whole being. I knew I would love you, but I never knew just how much I would and I never thought is possible to love you as deeply as I do. I love you with a depth I cannot explain! You mean the world to me and I am so proud to be your momma.

I can't get over how much you have come through in a year. Going from a 2lb baby to a 15lb toddler! You have done so well. I am proud of you for staying developmentally on track with your adjusted age. I am proud of you for being an inspiration to others, your story, no doubt has touched many a person's heart.

Parker, I don't know what God has in store for the next year and beyond, but I can say that I so look forward to seeing you grow into a wonderful, strong, loving, respectful, kind man like your father. I pray that you will love God has he does and that you will love others as he does.

Thank you for allowing my to be your mommy. Thank you for your hugs, your smiles, your "kisses", and affection. Thank you for teaching me patience, understanding, how to be a silly grown up and to treasure every day. Thank you bringing me closer to God, my ever growing faith is just one reason I know your life has made a difference.

You are beautiful, you are amazing and I just want you to know that no matter what I am your momma and I love you, unconditionally, without reservations.

Love you my little critter,

Mommy!

3 comments:

Marla Taviano said...

Happy Birthday, Parker!!
What do you want most for your b-day?

Anonymous said...

beautiful!

Heatherlyn said...

That letter is beautiful. I hope that he sees it and that his posterity treasures it forever. :)