Sunday, January 17, 2010

In Awe

Church today was Ah-mazing. We discussed worship - more specific, transformative worship. Making God your top priority and worshiping in Awe of God. The cool thing about awe is - its not something that is self generated. We talked alot about being in awe - in awe of buildings, stunts, ect. Pastor Mike had a video he wanted to show us, unfortunately, it disappeared, but I did find it on you tube. I watch it just not and it was just one of those things. I didn't have to fake my Awe, it was there...and how could it not be? Once you see this video you understand...it makes me wonder how anyone can not believe in God.



Enjoy.

The other point Pastor Mike made was how in today's society we dumb God down, we put limits on Him and therefore put limits on our worship to him. If our worship is misdirected, it hurts us. It's quite sad actually.

I want to seek God and worship Him without limits. I want to allow worshipping Him to change me...I am a sinner, I am not perfect, but with God, I have hope. And that hope has gotten me through so much.

"This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another. Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the alien or the poor. In your hearts do not think evil of each other.' Zechariah 7:9-10

No comments: