Monday, November 29, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

So I think I may lose my mind trying to figure out this new W.W. system. Personally, until I see a change in my body, I am convinced that I will be screwed! I get why it's good and all, but I don't know how or if it will work for me. But I am going to try and try hard. Maybe I just need to allow myself some time and just see how it goes, if all else fails, I find something different to do or go back to my old ways of calculating things and enjoying that....who knows!? My daily allowance now is 29 points . which to me doesn't make sense since it used to be 24?? Fruits and most veggies are free points now. They want you eating more lean protein, veggies, fruits, less processed, fast food (good bye McDonald's I shall miss thee!)

On to menu plan monday. Starting this week, life because hectic...YAY...until the end of the year. So my menu's may look different, who knows!

Monday: Chunky Veggie Beef Soup (5pts)

Tuesday: Hungarian Style Pork Chops (6 pts) and Sweet Potatoes (4 pts)

Wednesday: Pasta w/ Mixed Veggie Ragu (7 pts) & Corn (2pts)

Thursday: Marinated Grilled Chicken Breasts (3pts), Whole Wheat Couscous (5 pts) & Asparagus (0pts)

Friday: Tacos (4-5pts)

Saturday: Left Overs

Sunday: I have church, choir, and a craft night with friends, so probably frozen pizza or take out for Drew and who knows what for me!

Pray that I can make this change and keep losing weight, I am so nervous!

I am linked up at : Org Junkie & Mommy Diaries

5 comments:

Steph @ Wild Crickets said...

I'm in the same boat with the new plan! I sat staring at recipes for ages today. Still am actually so I've decided to poach from others. ;) I do think the new plan will be closer to how I like to eat, but we shall see. (It always burned me that I could eat 42 chocolate covered mini bars and make it work in the week but I felt guilty having a side of quinoa with dinner. Good luck planning - I think I'm going to need it till I get used to this! :)

Ali said...

Wonder why it's changing . . . fascinating.

Josie @Skinny Way Of Life said...

Hi Denise!
I just read your weight loss blog and followed it over to here, frist congrats on your success at Weight Watchers! and Second, don't freak too much about the new program you'll get the hang of it. Honestly, if you're doing great at what you're doing than why change it? If it ain't broke don't fix it! hahaha I started weight watchers when I was 14 and had a hard time sticking to counting points but when they came out with the Core Plan it changed the way I looked at food and I still use that as my go to when I need to get out of a slump. Best of luck in your journey! I look forward to reading more : )

Amy said...

Your doing great, and youll get the hang of it! Although what am I saying ANYTHING that requires me to count ANYTHING I do awful on! You can always go on the "Amy Diet". No Gluten, Dairy, or refined sugar... talk about a weight loss plan :) Although if I didn't have to eat this way, I would never! (But the pounds fly off...

Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Just stick with it, you can do it! =)