Saturday, December 4, 2010

Good-Bye Grandpa

My grandpa passed away this week and today was the service. I couldn't make it home to Indiana for it and honestly, I don't think I would have gone. The truth is I barely knew my grandpa. I think the last time I saw him I was like 10, my mom and aunt and uncles were basically told not to talk to him by my grandmother. It's really awfully sad, but since they didn't have much of a relationship, i barely had one.

I haven't shed a tear, I am sad, but I just haven't cried, is that bad? I didn't know him really. I remember the last time I saw him - vaguely. It was Thanksgiving many many many years ago and it's mostly a blur, though I do remember him showing us kids his guns.

My mom and I have talked a lot about how she is glad she went to his funeral, if she hadn't she admits she would have regretted it.

Anyways, just pray for my family, my mom especially, almost 6 months ago my step father passed away and now my grandpa is gone.

I just wanted to get this out and share it with you. Hugs

** Update, my mom told me that in both the obituary and at his funeral, they never mentioned her or my aunt and uncles as his kids. Their step mom wouldn't let them....this pisses me off.

2 comments:

Charlotte (Life's a Charm!) said...

Oh this is just sad!
i pray your grandpa will rest in peace, and the people he left behind will find harmony and closure ...

Shawna said...

Sorry to hear of your grandfathers passing. Dont feel bad for not crying or being too affected by it. I too, had a grandparent that I felt the same way about.

I cant believe your mom and aunt werent listed in the obituary though. That part is really sad. :-(