Monday, December 6, 2010

Top 10 of 2010 - Movie Night

This week the theme is Movie Night. My top 10 movies of 2010. Let me start out with this obvious statement - I AM NOT A MOVIE CRITIC....I did not go to school to analyze movies in depth, so if you are looking for that, this is not the blog you want to read. This is just me, telling you what movies I enjoyed this year. Of course, no particular order.

1) Eat, Pray, Love
I just rented this over the Thanksgiving Holiday and I really really enjoyed it. I love Julia Roberts, she is so talented and so pretty and graceful. I think my favorite part was the *eat* portion - because I love me some good pasta.

2) MegaMind 3D
First of all, the talent in the movie - Great choices - Tina Fey, Jonah Hill, Brad Pitt, Will Ferrel! Great choices. I liked the twist, it's not your typical bad guy vs. good guy movie....I think it has a great twist regarding that. It's so fun, Drew and I went to see it on a date night and enjoyed every minute of it!

3) Toy Story 3
Another great animated movie. I so enjoyed it, though the ending was one I loved and hated all at the same time, sure Andy had to grow up and all, but it was his toys...sigh. It was a great movie and I want to own all 3 of them some day. Especially now that Parker is obsessed! That's my boy!

4) Sherlock Holmes
Ok, so technically this came out in late 2009, but whatever, for me, it was close enough. Perhaps is has something to do with the fact that I have a small thing for Robert Downey, Jr. Perhaps it's because I also enjoy looking at Jude Law, but whatever the reason, I really enjoyed this movie, it was funny, RDJ did a great job of playing Holmes, making him "different." I kinda wanna go rent it now...

5) Avatar
I wasn't sure about this at first. I was kinda like, not my kinda movie, blah blah blah...but I am so glad that hubby talked me into seeing it. I really really enjoyed it. It was different, but so incredibly beautiful and interesting. I definitely would watch it again.

6) Alice in Wonderland
Johnny Depp = another slight obsession. LOVE Tim Burton, love these two working together. The only movies I have seen of theirs that I didn't like was Corpse Bride, but others I have seen (Alice, Charlie & The Chocolate Factory...) I have really enjoyed. Tim has a very quirky mind...and Johnny plays on that well!

7) Valentine's Day
I think the thing I really liked most about this movie was the cast - it was an exceptional cast! Lots of talented actors and actresses in one great movie. The other thing I loved, the stories within a story...lots of different twists and turns...very interesting! And super cute.

8) The Back Up Plan
I am a sucker for a good romantic comedy and this one just did it for me. It was incredibly cute and sweet. I really enjoyed the plot line and I loved how it all worked out in the end. Sigh, makes my heart happy.

9) The Grown Ups
I think the main reason I liked this movie was because of Adam Sandler, he is one of my favorite actors. I also really enjoyed the basic lesson behind it...don't let yourself miss out. Or at least that's what I took away from it.

10) Date Night
This was so funny. I friggin' love Tina Fey and Steve Carrell. There's really nothing more to say about that....

Upcoming Movies I can't wait to see!

- Narnia 3
- Tangled
- The Tourist
- Gulliver's Travels
- Little Fockers

1 comment:

Charlotte (Life's a Charm!) said...

'Eat, Pray, Love' and 'MEgamind' is in my que! The rest I've seen too.
I thoroughly enjoyed Toy Story 3. I think it ended the best possible way.