Thursday, January 6, 2011

Oh Please....

You know what irks me? I will tell you what irks me, people who believe they know when the world will end....that's what irks me. And also irking to me - that they get people all up in a tizzy about it and their panties get in a bunch and warn everyone....

Simple Fact:

We can not predict the end of the world.

I mean, even the Bible says so... "So you, too, must keep watch. For you do not know the day or hour of my return." (Mth. 25:13) Now why would Jesus, the son of God, who is sinless lie to us and tell us this if we could.

I mean, really, sure, things are great right now in the world...what with birds falling out of the sky and fish dying and war and all that junk...but as far as I am concerned, this doesn't make it possible for anyone to predict the exact moment or time of the end of the world.

And as far as this being the "end times" once Jesus went to heaven - we were in them, because it could have been they he went for a day in came back - know what I mean?

So to this nut job, please find something better to do with your last few days then using random numbers and calculations to decide the date of the end of the world...

And as for me...I will keep on keeping on, I have a lot of living to do and I personally believe we won't be going anywhere for a while....

1 comment:

Laufa said...

I completely agree, but my hubby keeps mentioning the world is coming to an end in 2012. He said it in front of the kids one night, so I said in response that he better be right with God then. It shut him up about that.