Friday, March 4, 2011

Meme Friday #24

 

So I am really really excited. Let me tell you why. My amazing husband decided to use part of  our tax return to treat my cousin and me with tickets to a concert this summer. I am so pumped! We are going to see (and don't laugh!)
and


To say that I am super excited is an understatement. I grew up with these two groups and I was convinced that I would marry into one of them someday! I am so excited to have one night where I can feel young and enjoy some happy times from childhood again. And I get to go with my cousin, which is awesome because she and are super close. And this will be the first concert that is a big tour that I have been to ever. I have been to smaller concerts in my home town and such, but nothing like this...I am so excited!

So my question for you today is:

If you could go see anyone in concert who would it be?


I am interested to hear everyone's answers.

You can join in the Aloha fun by heading over to An Island Life  for the rules and to link up!





1) Have you ever forgotten your child in a store or at school?
Nope, but I have lost him plenty! If I let him out of the cart at a store I will most likely lose him at some point. He's little and can fit in randomly weird places. Needless to say, he doesn't get out of the cart much.


2) Where did you go on your VERY first date. (Like first first, not the one with you spouse).
Probably to a movie, but I certainly don't remember. I don't even remember my first kiss...


3) What is your "silly" fear. (We're not talking water or heights)
Feet - I absolutely can't stand feet. That is definitely my silly fear...if it counts...if not, I don't know.


4) Confrontation: do you cause it, deal with it as it comes, or run far far away?
You know, this is part of what I have been working on in my counseling. I have such a negative view of confrontation, but I am learning it doesn't all have to be horrible. I definitely used to just run far far away from it. I had zero desire to deal with it and I am sure that I have and still do cause it. I am learning more and more to deal with it as it comes because it is inevitable. You just simply will never please everyone and some people will speak your mind. I literally, as I sit here, just had a confrontation with my mom...and I dealt with it instead of ignoring it. That is huge for me.


5) Wood floors or carpet?
Simple answer - yes! I love both, I live in an apartment with carpet and very ugly vinyl flooring (not vinyl - whatever it's called. ) I would like a house with mostly wood, but some carpet. 


Feel like answering these questions? You can join in the fun but heading over to My Little Life for the rules and to link up!

26 comments:

A Chocolate Bouquet said...

Stopping by from the 5QF! Thanks for sharing! Your date sounds like many of the other dates I've read about this morning! lol

Menopausal New Mom said...

Okay, I didn't laugh at your answer but cracked a smile.

For me it's a toss up between Aerosmith (which would be the third time) or the Simple Minds who I've never seen in concert :)

Happy Friday!

Charlotte (Life's a Charm!) said...

Happy Aloha Friday!
I would really like to go to a 'Muchael Buble' concert!

CMash said...

We have seen Earth, Wind and Fire in concert and would go again!! Concert was fantastic. Funny thing was my oldest son saw them in concert first and then gave us tickets as a gift.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see John Mayer in concert again.

Anonymous said...

I want to see Celine Dion!!! :-)

Renee said...

That's pretty cool that you're going to go see some groups you always wanted to. Hope it's a lot of fun!

In response to the question, I don't know that I'd want to see a concert, per se, but I would really, really love to see the musical "Wicked" (and if I could, I'd go back in time and see it with original leads Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth!).

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see Third Day in concert!

MMAR said...

LOL!! I would love to go see them & relive my 4th grade obsession!! Love it!

simplycathi said...

Currently..I'd love to see Celine Dion's new show.

I am Harriet said...

Really, just my kids- both are sax players.

Have a great day!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/03/how-do-you-like-your-popcorn/

Velvet Over Steel said...

Congrats on your awesome husband and the concert tickets!! I bet you are excited!!!

Well, I didn't laugh so you can't either lol, I want to be REBA!!! & I am this spring. woot hoot!! :-)

Have a Great time, Deni!!
Hugs,
Coreen

Colette S said...

That is exciting! I hope you have a wonderful time!

I'd love to see Third Day in concert.

Aloha.

Shawna said...

I REALLY want to see Coldplay in concert. :-)

PS- I was never a BSB fan, I was the "rival" NSYNC fan. bwahahaha. As a teenager, I saw them 3 times in concert. :-)

Rach said...

i laughed, sorry:-) i'm going to see Barry Manilow for my birthday in May

Marie said...

I remember the Backstreet Boys from when I was much younger -- that's neat that you are going to get to see them again!

I'd like to see the Glee concert -- that would be very cool even though I'm rather old for it :-)

Marie
Bonkers in Barnhart

Amethystmoon said...

I want to see the Rolling Stones one more time

Self Sagacity said...

If I could be anyone a mortal, I want to be Trinity, my daughter. If supernatural, I want to be a jeannie.

Double Shot of Espresso said...

Duran Duran.....TOTALLY!

Tammy said...

Good question...hmmm, probably Daughtry. Loved him on Idol and still like his music.

...or Katy Perry...I love her music too.

...and I too grew up with NKOTB and BSB!

Smellyann said...

I'd love to see LOTS of people in concert, but my #1 is Eric Clapton!!! ♥

Serendipityissweet said...

I'd love to see Dave Matthews Band. I've seen them once but it was before they got huge.

Have fun at the concert!

Only Prettier said...

Feet....so funny!!!!!

Kid Rock is favorite to see in concert...I have been to hundreds of concert and he is always fantastic

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

I like your answer to #4. Very wise!!! Confrontation doesn't have to be ugly - if both parties can be adult about it.

XmasDolly said...

I would love to go see Bon Jovi or Eric Clapton. Those two are my favorites. Following you & I requested to be friends on FB if you like. Also your follow me on twitter thing doesn't work. Says no such page. Sorry. Thanks for stopping by me too. Sorry I'm late - got a case of the flu. Have great weekend.

~ Noelle said...

so jealous that you get to see new kids!
lol, i saw them in the reunion tour... was pregnant! lol, how funny was that?
not that into backstreet, so not dying to go now...
feet? i can not stand them, not afraid of them, but they are nasty to me! ha ha~