Monday, January 5, 2009

Who Knew

It has been a long time coming, but I have something to admit. I am thankful that Parker was born early. "What?" you say to me... well you heard it right folks, I am glad Parker was born early. God knew exactly what he was doing. God knew why Parker would be in "B4" and that we would find specific connections with the baby in "B3". Besides the fact that Parker and Logan share a birthday, his mother and I share the same cause of birth, while she was not nearly as sick as I was, we both had HELLP Syndrome.

Who knew we would both have sons, who knew we would both have HELLP, who knew that our sons would share the same birthday and was almost the same age gestation wise. Who knew that even though we rarely talked while at Riverside NICU, we would end up texting and emailing and get closer? Who knew?????....

GOD KNEW.

Who knew that Logan and Tabatha would become close friends? Who know that we would walk this road with them and feel Tabatha's pain and happiness? Who knew that Logan would have one of the same illnesses that Drew's brother had? Who knew that we would live with in 5 minutes from each other and find that out tonight while texting back and forth while Tabatha waits for Logan to get to his recovery room so she can see him? Who knew?????....

GOD KNEW.

God knew, God is good like that. I am not going to lie, I have been battling internally for several months with feeling bitter and angry about Parker's early birth, but then tonight....as I was texting with Tabatha, it all hit me all of the sudden, if it weren't for Parker's birth, I would never have met Tabatha and Logan, I would have never met Ashley and McKenna, I would never have met Mike, Melissa and Mikayla. I wouldn't have met Nurse Angela, Nurse Marty, Nurse Debbie and a slue of other nurses and doctors. God has known from before I was born that this would happen and who am I to question his decisions? Especially when they have had such a great outcome. I have grown personally, met some amazing people, made some good friends and I can reach out to others and be a support...be selfless.

So yes, I am thankful that Parker was born early. God is amazing and I am so glad that HE Knew!!!!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Now that is a reason you can celebrate. :)

Amy B said...

What a GREAT way to look at life. I am going to go right now and read your blog and find out about your sweet baby.
God is good....you are so right.

Ali said...

What an answer to prayer! Amen, sista!

KatBouska said...

I am right there with you! TOTALLY believe God worked that all out for you. How amazing. And beautiful. These kinds of stories give me the chills!

Carrie said...

Yes, He did know. I'm glad you're just beginning to see God's working in your life through these circumstances.