Thursday, January 29, 2009

Writer's Workshop: Espanol = Amor

(But before I begin...my baby is 8 months old today - wow!)

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Espanol was never my favorite subject
I took it because of you.

Sugar is sweet
Lemons are sour
I have to admit
Your class was my favorite hour.

Winter is cold
summer is hot
Teacher you should know
you probably shouldn't have smoked that pot.

Hearts, they beat
Fingers, they type
I loved going to Mexico
it was so worth the hype.

Thank you for teaching me
thank you for listening
thank you for being
my favorite teacher.

Ok, how lame was that poem? I should note that I chose not to actually say the teacher's name. This teacher got in some serious trouble after I graduated high school and no longer teaches. There were accusations of the teacher using drugs, drinking, and other things. But I enjoyed taking espanol because of how this teacher taught it to me. Though I don't remember much. No me gusta el gato is about the only spanish I know...and if you know what that means, you get 500 bonus points! Oh and also, I was able to go with a big group from my school to Mexico. We went in saw all kinds of ruins and such and ended out our time in Cancun, this teacher was a chaperone there.



Your turn: Check out the prompts below and decide what you want to write about, then head over to MamaKat's site and leave your information in Mr. Linky! :)

The Prompts:

1.) Tell us about a stray animal you took in.

2.) Write a poem for your favorite teacher of all time.

3.) Describe someone in your life you wish you saw more of.

4.) Write a letter to someone who bothered you this week.

6 comments:

giraffegirl524 said...

happy birthday little parker! i like your poem.. and i know what all of it but gato is, although i should know that. my boyfriend would be so disappointed because i'm sure he's told me before.

giraffegirl524 said...

by the way, thank you for replying about the baby food. i thought that might be how you do it, but i wasn't sure. i know danny LOVES bananas and carrots, and i would rather do it myself. i'll have to look into getting that book. and hey, when you learn how to do stage 2, let me know!

thank you again!

Renee said...

I'm pretty sure that your Spanish comment translates as "I don't like the cat", although I don't remember much of my Spanish either :-). I don't think I ever had that particular teacher, however.

And a happy 8 months to Parker!

Carrie said...

Ooh- I want the bonus points! "I don't like the cat." :)

Also, 8 months??? Where in the WORLD has this year gone? Z will be 14 months next week, I can't believe it!

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

Great post! And happy 8 month bday to your lil one! Thanks for coming by today!

Marla Taviano said...

I don't like the cat either. :)

Happy Birthday, Parker!!