Saturday, June 27, 2009

Where'd I put that manual?

I think I lost my Parker instructions - darn it.

I don't know what to do right now with him.

Yes, he is a year, but when telling him no and expecting him to listen and understand, is he thinking like a 1 year old or a 10 month old.

How the heck do I discipline him?

I am so frustrated, I don't know what to do, what I am doing and I just want to cry.

And on top of all of this, I am realizing I should probably not have asked my doctor to ween me off of my anti-depressant. My mood has totally stunk lately, I am losing patience and want to cry and scream. I am calling her back on Monday and seeing what she suggests.

I don't know, I just feel so frustrated, Parker is older and there for in the toddler, get into everything stage. I am feeling totally burdened and attacked by Satan. I so want to just cry!

I feel so stuck, confused, alone and on top of it all, I doubt myself, as a friend, wife and mother.

HELP ME!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

First and foremost...never doubt yourself as a mother, friend, wife, anything like that...it's no good. You got to just think positive always and keep a smile on your face. No ever having kids of my own I can't help you very much except to know that you just have to do what you think is right. Maternal instincts are powerful and I'm sure you will do just fine. Just keep the positive thoughts about yourself :) Love yourself as well as Parker.. :)

Carrie said...

Oh, Denise, I go through this ALL the time!!! I'm sorry it's been so difficult lately, I know exactly what you mean - we KNOW that our little ones need to be disciplined, because, yeah, they're into EVERYTHING - Parker must be super-active, just like Zachary...but it's so hard to know what they understand - and I know I hate to discipline Zachary if I'm afraid he doesn't understand what he was supposed to do/not be doing! But, anyway, yes, it would be SO nice to have an instruction manual. I am always wondering whether what I am doing with Zachary's discipline is right or not. Just this last week, he's started having ALL kinds of tantrums, and he's usually really good about tantrums, so it's been really weird & hard for me to deal with. That pre-talking stage is SUPER hard because once they talk some, then you know at least a little of what they're understanding. I will be praying for you, and when you figure it all out, PLEASE write a book & send it to me. :)

Marla Taviano said...

I'm feeling pretty crappy too. I'll pray for you tonight.

Heatherlyn said...

Little kids are tough as far as discipline goes. Just be really consistent and remove him from situations that he doesn't behave well in ... and pray!

Grace said...

We all doubt ourselves... but it's not true... tonight I pass a virtual hug to you... ((h))...