Sunday, July 19, 2009

Holy Cow God!

I apologize for me lack of updates as of recent. Part of that stems from the lack of motivation and desire to blog right now, the other part stems from the amount of time I have been in prayer over some doors that have opened as well as just having a toddler and being sick and busy.

I am hoping - and I do really hope - to do better at updating more and blogging more. My mind has just been a jumbled mess of trying to figure some things out, accepting some things, working with Parker on things, ect.

I want to tell you how God is opening doors in my life and really pushing me past some serious boundaries. One of these things I just can't put out there yet until it goes through and such, but lets just say, God is providing in a way I never thought.

The other way, well, that's different, because I need you all to pray for me. I have told you all for a while now that I have been praying about going to Cambodia with my church on a missions trip at some point. I will say, I am still seeking his will 100%, but unless something changes, I feel with no doubt that he his will is that I go to Cambodia on a trip. I would be really surprised if this doesn't work out.

But the truth of the matter is - I. Am. Terrified. I have never been overseas, the only other countries I have been too are Mexico and Canada and I didn't fly to Canada. I mean, like, this is WAY out of my comfort zone, yet, I am at peace. I am terrified of planes, yet, at peace about that. I am terrified of not finding any food I want....yet, I am at peace about that. I mean, whoa! It's a total God thing!

If you could just pray that details work out, that would be great. I don't know when the next trip is, but it sounds like it may be Jan or Feb. But there is a lot to do between now and then, like, get a passport! Also, we will need to work out child care for Parker, as well, I don't think Drew can take that much time off. And there are many others, but until I know more about the trip itself, I don't know what all it is. I assume I will be getting shots - so if you can pray for my fear of needles that would be great - you'd think they wouldn't phase me anymore after all I went through with Parker - but ha, no such luck. I still hate them! I am excited, yet scared, but God is really just working in me and I love it.

Ok, so well, that's all I have for now....

4 comments:

Ali said...

Praying!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Denise, It was as far out of my comfort zone as possible, but I love it, went twice, and will be going back! God makes anything possible especially when doing his will for you! Let me know if you have further questions :)

Carrie said...

Denise, that's wonderful about Cambodia! I'm excited that you're willing to follow God's desires even though they're out of your comfort zone! :)

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

How exciting! What an amazing opportunity.